Weeks of May 24 and May 31
(All dates are subject to change.)
discovery+, the newly launched global streaming service, brings together all of Discovery’s brands and non-fiction content in one place to offer fans unlimited access to the largest collection of real-life entertainment in the world. Featuring a wide range of exclusive series across popular genres, discovery+ offers passion verticals for genre fans, from Animals to Paranormal, Food, and Home. In the True Crime category alone, discovery+ contains an unprecedented 5,500 hours of the best mystery and suspense, boasting the largest library of true crime of any streaming service.
discovery+ TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
ONISION: IN REAL LIFE
Sarah Speaks Begins Streaming Thursday, May 27
Just one day after the release of the third episode of the discovery+ original docuseries ONISION: IN REAL LIFE, Greg “Onision” Jackson was demonetized by YouTube. The ruling for Onison was devastating, halting his career as a money-generating content creator. While this explosive announcement was occurring, Sarah, one of Onision’s most well-known accusers, simultaneously went public with her decision to come forward and share her story. In a brave one-on-one interview, Sarah bares all for the first time and exposes the shocking truth behind the allegations that have haunted Onision and caused him to be one of the most hated men on the internet.
EVIL LIVES HERE: SHADOWS OF DEATH
Season Finale Available to Stream on Sunday, May 30
Evil casts a shadow. That shadow spreads outward for years, even decades, after a crime. It consumes everyone in its path, pulling them into darkness. EVIL LIVES HERE: SHADOWS OF DEATH explores the endless reach of evil – a reach that extends long after the crime itself. This original series highlights the struggle to survive as innocent people find themselves caught in the wake of death and evil.
· Mother’s Day Murder Begins Streaming on Sunday, May 30 In 2011, Mother’s Day looks a little different this year for high school freshman Tony Gana. His mother, Annamaria Gana, is battling stage 2 breast cancer. She says she’s fine, but Tony can tell the medicine and the chemo is taking its toll. Officer Todd Hylton is called to the scene of an alleged shooting. Just moments earlier, the caller told dispatch that his mom shot him.
CONCURRENT discovery+ AND ID PREMIERES
PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Mondays and Premiere on ID on Mondays at 10/9c
Ripped from the pages of one of the nation’s top weekly magazines, PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES goes beyond the headlines to uncover the heart-wrenching stories of lives and families ripped apart. The series takes viewers to the epicenter of America’s most compelling crimes, as PEOPLE’s renowned journalists divulge the shocking twists and surprising facts they learned while doggedly investigating each case.
· Is Rodney Reed Innocent? Begins Streaming on Monday, May 24, Premiere on ID at 10/9c 19-year-old Stacey Stites is found raped and murdered in a small Texas town. After a year-long investigation police match DNA from the scene to a man named Rodney Reed. Reed is convicted and sentenced to death, but in the coming years as Reed proclaims his innocence, certain evidence comes to light that might prove he’s telling the truth.
· Red Christmas Begins Streaming on Monday, May 31, Premiere on ID at 8/7c On December 10, 2003, police receive a mysterious 911 call at a home in the tony Walnut Estates in Mansfield, Texas. Police are dispatched to investigate and when they enter the home they encounter a horrific scene: the bloodied bodies of homeowners Rick and Suzy Wamsley. The couple was highly regarded around the neighborhood and thought to have the perfect family life so detectives are left with a big question mark: Who and why would anyone want to kill the Wamsleys? When detectives launch an investigation to find out, the myth of the Wamsleys’ perfect life begins to unravel. It turns out underneath the polished exterior, there are deep, dark secrets.
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY PREMIERES
The programs below will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
Three-Part Special Premieres Monday, May 31 at 9/8c
AMERICAN CARTEL explores the explosive and devastating aftermath of the 2003 murder of Burbank police officer Matthew Pavelka after a routine traffic stop. His murder puts into motion an international manhunt, millions of dollars seized, multiple homicides, exposure of government corruption, a multi-state wiretap investigation, and the discovery of the Mexican Cartel’s infiltration of a Unites States street gang.
WEB OF LIES
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 9/8c
We’re increasingly living our lives online, unaware of the risks that can lie ahead. Looking for friendships, love, sex or business opportunities has led many into a twilight world of seduction, danger, and false identity. What unites these shocking tales of true crime is their unpredictability. You never know where the WEB OF LIES will lead.
· Tortured Hero Premieres Monday, May 24 at 9/8c
New Episodes Premiere Tuesdays at 9/8c
With more than two decades of experience in the judicial system, no one knows the delicate dance between arrest and conviction better than former Brooklyn homicide prosecutor Anna-Sigga Nicolazzi. In TRUE CONVICTION, she travels across the country to reveal how the nation’s top prosecutors tackled their toughest cases. Reviewing the crime with the detectives who were on the scene and connecting with those who were left behind, Nicolazzi reveals how homicides are solved on the street but won in the courtroom.
· For The Love of Money Premieres Tuesday, May 25 at 9/8c
· The Wound Never Heals Premieres Tuesday, June 1 at 9/8c
MURDER IN THE HEARTLAND
New Episodes Premiere Tuesdays at 10/9c
In MURDER IN THE HEARTLAND, it takes a village of vigilant neighbors, family members, shopkeepers and local police to piece together the stories of tragedy and justice committed within a community’s core walls. The series relies on the collective viewpoints of everyday American townsfolk to share critical clues in the homicides that forever changed their lives and how they understand their home.
· Serial Killer in the Making Premieres Tuesday, May 25 at 10/9c
· Officer Down Premieres Tuesday, June 1 at 10/9c
THE MURDER TAPES
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 9/8c
Homicide investigations unfold through dramatic real footage in this groundbreaking series. Each episode of THE MURDER TAPES provides an up-close perspective of the case, incorporating body cam footage from the initial crime scene, surveillance video, and interrogation room recordings.
· What’s In The Backpack? Premieres Wednesday, May 26 at 9/8c
· Cover the Camera and I’ll Talk Premieres Wednesday, June 2 at 9/8c
SEE NO EVIL
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 10/9c
SEE NO EVIL reveals how the deadliest crimes are solved by the only witnesses that never lie and never forget: surveillance cameras. With more shocking CCTV footage than ever before, this series proves there’s nowhere killers can hide.
· Last Night Apart Premieres Wednesday, May 26 at 10/9c
· Four and a Half Minutes Premieres Wednesday, June 2 at 10/9c
A TIME TO KILL
New Episodes Premiere Thursdays at 9/8c
The key to solving the toughest homicides lies somewhere in the final hours of a victim’s life. In A TIME TO KILL, determined investigators must piece together events during this critical window to reconstruct the timeline, unlock the motive, and ultimately close in on the killer.
· The Unusual Suspect Premieres Thursday, May 27 at 9/8c
· She Called 911 Premieres Thursday, June 3 at 9/8c
FEAR THY NEIGHBOR
New Episodes Premiere Thursdays at 10/9c
Do you really know who lives next door? FEAR THY NEIGHBOR tells the chilling tales of those with the misfortune to unwittingly take up residence within a stone’s throw of a psycho – or even a killer.
· Hell in Hawaii Premieres Thursday, May 27 at 10/9c
· Bloodshed on Beattie Street Premieres Thursday, June 3 at 10/9c
SIGNS OF A PSYCHOPATH
New Episodes Premiere Sundays at 9/8c
Charm. Narcissism. Lack of empathy. Impulsiveness. Manipulation. Deception. These traits and others are the telltale SIGNS OF A PSYCHOPATH. This harrowing half-hour archive series revisits some of the most dangerous killers in modern history, reviewing news footage – and the words of the killers themselves – to see which terrifying traits each killer exhibited.
· I Didn’t Do Anything Premieres Sunday, May 30 at 9/8c
· Fantasy Over Family Premieres Sunday, May 30 at 9:30/8:30c
· Guess I’ve Got No Conscience Premieres Sunday, June 6 at 9/8c