For the month of May, AMC+ offers subscribers a wide variety of critically acclaimed and commercial-free programming, including compelling new dramas, fan-favorite franchises, and film collections from across the company’s entertainment networks and targeted streaming services.
Highlights for the month include:
· Debut of AMC+ Original Too Close, a compelling new British psychological drama about a forensic psychiatrist (Emily Watson) assessing a woman accused of a heinous crime – and slowly falling victim to her manipulation. The full series is available to binge on Thursday, May 20.
· New episodes of AMC+ Original Spy City, a six-part espionage Cold War thriller starring Dominic Cooper (Preacher), continue every Thursday with the season finale debuting on Thursday, May 20, available exclusively on AMC+.
· Early access to new episodes of Fear the Walking Dead‘s critically acclaimed 6th season continues every Thursday, ahead of the Sunday television broadcast on AMC.
· Special content from The Walking Dead Universe available only on AMC+, including exclusive Episode Diaries taking viewers behind-the-scenes of the latest seasons with never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and creators.
· Re-watch the thrilling penultimate season with the all-access The Walking Dead: Episode Diaries. All bonus episodes from Season 10 available starting Thursday, May 6.
· Debut of TWD World Beyond: Episode Diaries exploring the newest franchise in The Walking Universe. New episodes are available every Thursday beginning Thursday, May 27.
· Early access to the premiere episode of the hit nature franchise Meerkat Manor: Rise of the Dynasty, narrated by BAFTA-winning actor Bill Nighy, on Saturday, May 29, one week ahead of its debut on BBC America.
· New double-features of Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs Season 3 continue to debut on-demand every Sunday, following Shudder’s live stream of the episodes on Fridays.
· New binges of acclaimed Sundance Now series debuting this month include:
· British drama The Drowning on Thursday, May 6
· New Zealand thriller The Nest on Thursday, May 20
· True Crime series Between Black and Blue on Tuesday, May 25
· A new season of the iconic BBCA auto series Top Gear continues every Sunday until the season finale on Sunday, May 16.
· Special documentary Attenborough’s Journey, celebrating the remarkable Sir David Attenborough, timed to his 95th birthday on Saturday, May 8.
· Honoring Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, AMC+ presents more than 100 hours of programming in a dozen languages spotlighting Asian talent including acclaimed films like Mayhem, starring Academy Award nominee and The Walking Dead alumnus Steven Yeun; award-winning documentaries such as Sundance Jury Prize selection Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry; and iconic horror franchises including The Ring trilogy and Train to Busan trilogy, among others.
A full May schedule is below (in chronological order):
One Wild Day – Season Finale Premieres Saturday, May 1
BBC AMERICA’s stunning, modern natural history series continues the 24-hour journey with the most extraordinary animals on our planet as they thrive at different moments in the day to survive in some of the toughest landscapes. For some animals 24 hours is the blink of an eye – for others, it’s an entire lifetime.
Bottomless Brunch at Colman’s – New Specials Sunday, May 2 and Sunday, May 30
Colman Domingo (Fear the Walking Dead) brings guests together for conversation and a delicious cocktail over brunch. Join Colman as he celebrates Cinco de Mayo (May 2) and Pride (May 30). Guests to be announced.
The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs – Season 3 Double-Features Every Sunday
Experience Shudder’s hit original series with Joe Bob Briggs, the world’s foremost drive-in movie critic, as he presents eclectic horror movie double features, interrupting the films to expound upon their merits, histories, and significance to genre cinema. The show’s hashtag, #TheLastDriveIn, has trended in the top 10 on Twitter in the US during the premiere of every episode and special, often reaching No. 1. Episodes will be available on-demand on AMC+ every Sunday following the live stream on Shudder on Fridays.
Framing John Delorean – Premieres Wednesday, May 5
Starring Alec Baldwin in reenactments, discover the untold story of the controversial automaker’s meteoric rise and shocking fall. *IFC Films Unlimited
The Clovehitch Killer – Premieres Wednesday, May 5
Starring Dylan McDermott, a picture-perfect family is torn apart after Tyler finds a cache of disturbing images in his father’s possession. He begins to suspect that the man he trusts most in the world may be responsible for the murder of 13 girls ten years prior. *IFC Films Unlimited
Fear the Walking Dead – Early Access to New Episodes Continue Every Thursday Ahead of AMC Sunday Broadcast
As Morgan’s (Lennie James) bid to free the remaining members of the group becomes bolder, Virginia (Colby Minifie) grows increasingly desperate to find her sister and protect the settlements from forces working inside and outside her walls. The second half of Season 6 reveals the impact of what living under Virginia’s control has done to each person in this group, who once saw themselves as a family. New alliances will be formed, relationships will be destroyed, and loyalties forever changed.
The Walking Dead: Episode Diaries – Full Season 10 Binge Available Starting Thursday, May 6
Special re-watch of the penultimate season featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and creators, available only on AMC+.
The Drowning – Full Series Binge Premieres Thursday, May 6
Starring Jill Halfpenny (Liar) as Jodie, a woman whose son has disappeared eight years earlier. Having struggled to rebuild her life, everything is thrown into turmoil once again when she catches sight of a teenage boy that she is convinced is her missing child. *Sundance Now/Acorn TV Exclusive
Fried Barry – Premieres Friday, May 7
Feature film debut from award-winning director Ryan Kruger, Shudder’s outrageous alien horror-comedy follows the story of a drug-addled degenerate who, after yet another bender, gets abducted by aliens. What follows is an onslaught of drugs, sex, and violence as our alien tourist enters the weird and wonderful world of humankind. *Shudder Original
Attenborough’s Journey – Premieres Saturday, May 8
New special celebrating iconic natural history presenter Sir David Attenborough on his 95th birthday documents his extraordinary life — from his boyhood days as a fossil hunter to his early years as a presenter. Combining exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, candid on-location interviews, and stunning moments from his groundbreaking documentaries, this intimate special follows Attenborough’s years on the road – from the islands of the Galapagos, to the mountains of Canada, to the jungles of Borneo, revealing an Attenborough you have never seen. *BBC AMERICA
Swimming with Men – Premieres Wednesday, May 12
From IFC Films Unlimited, comedian Rob Brydon (The Trip) stars in this hilariously offbeat ode to following your calling. It’s sink or synchro for a ragtag group of middle-aged men chasing aquatic glory.
The Reckoning – Premieres Thursday, May 13
Shudder Exclusive Film from director Neil Marshall (The Descent). Charlotte Kirk stars as Evelyn, a young widow haunted by the recent suicide of her husband Joseph, and is then falsely accused of being a witch by her landlord after she rejects his advances.
China: Nature’s Ancient Kingdom – Premieres Saturday, May 15
BBC AMERICA’s three-part series reveals the world’s largest conservation project and breathtaking wildlife hidden inside China’s stunning national parks. Narrated by Vanessa Kirby (The Crown).
Top Gear – New Episodes Continue Every Sunday with Season Finale Premiering on May 16
Weekly episodes of BBC AMERCA’s Top Gear features hosts Freddie Flintoff, Chris Harris, and Paddy McGuinness as they continue a series of challenges designed to push them and their cars to the limit. The Season Finale will premiere on Sunday, May 16. *BBC AMERICA
Too Close – Full Series Binge Premieres Thursday, May 20
AMC+ Original starring Emily Watson, Too Close is a three-part psychological thriller that centers around forensic psychiatrist Emma Robinson (Watson), who must assess criminal suspect Connie (Denise Gough) – only to fall victim to Connie’s insightful, yet manipulative nature. Connie has a searing insight into Emma’s deepest insecurities and starts to brutally exploit them. Ultimately, the sessions are meant to uncover what happened on the night of someone’s death. To do that, Emma must uncover the truth around Connie’s complex relationship with her beautiful best friend, Ness (Thalissa Teixeira), which seemingly triggered Connie’s psychological descent.
Spy City – Season Finale Premieres Thursday, May 20
An AMC+ Original, this Cold War espionage series follows English spy Fielding Scott (Dominic Cooper, Preacher, Captain America: The First Avenger) as he is sent to Berlin in 1961 on a mission to find the source behind the leak of vital security information. The Russians, it seems, know everything. The Western powers – United States, United Kingdom, and France – maintain their uneasy alliance. Scott must find out who the traitor is and expose, arrest, or eliminate that person, all against the backdrop of what Nikita Khrushchev coined “the most dangerous place on earth.”
The Nest – Full Series Binge Premieres Thursday, May 20
This psychological thriller follows a wealthy New Zealand couple who would do anything to have a baby. *Sundance Now
Psycho Goreman – Premieres Thursday, May 20
After unearthing a gem that controls an evil monster looking to destroy the Universe, a young girl and her brother use it to make him do their bidding. *Shudder Exclusive
Between Black and Blue – Series Binge Premieres Tuesday, May 25
The extraordinary true crime story of two New York City detectives who are convicted of a sensational murder, their decades-long fight to clear their names, and the hunt for one of the confessed gunmen who may hold all the answers. *Sundance Now Exclusive
TWD World Beyond: Episode Diaries – Premieres Thursday, May 27
Dive deeper into the newest franchise in The Walking Dead Universe with World Beyond: Episode Diaries, featuring bonus editions of the first season with behind-the-scenes footage and exclusive interviews.
Skull: The Mask – Premieres Thursday, May 27
A Shudder Original, this action-packed and outrageous slasher flick depicts a supernatural serial killer based on pre-Colombian mythology in a hunt for revenge in the metropolis of Sa~o Paulo.
The Gulf – Season 2 Premieres Thursday, May 27
Season 2 of the Sundance Now Exclusive picks up with detective Jess Savage finding herself involved in a puzzling new case.
Meerkat Manor: Rise of the Dynasty – Early Access to the Premiere on Saturday, May 29, One Week Ahead of BBC AMERICA’s Premiere on June 5
Narrated by BAFTA-winning actor Bill Nighy, the compelling saga continues the heartstring-tugging, dramatic tale of survival revolving around three families of meerkats who are descendants of the legendary meerkat matriarch, Flower. Neighbors and rivals who share a bloodline are forced to compete for food and resources in an environment that is undergoing a great deal of change: the Kalahari Desert in South Africa. Subsequent episodes will be available every Saturday, alongside their airing on BBC AMERICA.
AMC+ is the company’s new premium streaming bundle featuring an extensive lineup of popular and critically acclaimed original programming from AMC, BBC America, IFC, and SundanceTV and full access to targeted streaming services Shudder, Sundance Now, and IFC Films Unlimited, which feature content such as A Discovery of Witches, Creepshow, Riviera, and Boyhood. Currently available to Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV channels, Roku Channels, Comcast Xfinity, DirecTV, DISH, Sling TV, and YouTube TV customers, AMC+ features a continually refreshed library of commercial-free content, including fan favorites Mad Men, Rectify, Orphan Black, Hell on Wheels, NOS4A2 and series from The Walking Dead Universe, among many others. The service also offers a growing slate of original and exclusive series including Gangs of London, The Salisbury Poisonings, Cold Courage, Spy City, and forthcoming dramas Too Close and Kin.