discovery+ and ID HIGHLIGHTS
All dates are subject to change
discovery+, the newly launched global streaming service, brings together all of Discovery’s brands and non-fiction content in one place to offer fans unlimited access to the largest collection of real-life entertainment in the world. Featuring a wide range of exclusive series across popular genres, discovery+ offers passion verticals for genre fans, from Animals to Paranormal, Food and Home. In the True Crime category alone, discovery+ contains an unprecedented 5,500 hours of the best mystery and suspense, boasting the largest library of true crime of any streaming service.
discovery+ TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
WHEN PHILIP MET MISSY
Special Begins Streaming on Tuesday, April 27
WHEN PHILIP MET MISSY tells the unbelievable story of a man, who after his wife’s mysterious death, strikes up an unusual friendship with a much younger woman in town. When details of Philip’s wife’s death don’t add up, police slowly close in on him for what they believe could be a murder. And when talks with Missy turn to the topic of a murder-for-hire, police race to collect evidence and expose Philip for who he really is before someone else loses their life.
QUEEN OF METH
Special Begins Streaming on Friday, May 7
QUEEN OF METH takes viewers on a deeply personal journey unveiling how one of America’s most infamous – and unexpected – drug lords turned addiction into an enterprise. Lori Arnold, a former “queenpin” and sister to celebrity Tom Arnold, takes viewers back to the scene of the crime in her hometown of Ottumwa, Iowa where for six years, she ran a sprawling multi-state meth empire. Lori and Tom’s vivid recollections of their formative years reveal hidden family secrets and trauma, poignantly piece together how Lori’s disturbing childhood and wild adolescence led her down a drug-riddled path, leaving immeasurable destruction in her wake.
THE FOG OF MURDER
New Episodes Available to Stream on Tuesdays
THE FOG OF MURDER drops the viewer into the surreal, disorienting heart of a murder case. The investigation unfolds through a combination of heart-stopping first-person accounts, chilling recreations, actual videos, recordings, and photographs straight from the police files. As each piece of the murder puzzle falls into place, the fog of uncertainty lifts and the case is solved.
· A Woman to Kill For Begins Streaming on Tuesday, April 27 With a murder occurs inside a Washington State home, police seem to have the case solved almost immediately. A series of disturbing revelations make the obvious suspect’s apparent guilt crumble right before detectives’ eyes, and a last-minute twist puts the entire case in a whole new light.
· Tracking a Killer Begins Streaming on Tuesday, May 4 A young woman disappears in the middle of the day amid of tens of thousands of people – and yet nobody sees or hears a thing. A testosterone-fueled weekend at a car show places five young friends under the police microscope as detectives re-trace their steps and look for evidence of a killer who is in plain sight.
EVIL LIVES HERE: SHADOWS OF DEATH
New Episodes Available to Stream on Sundays
Evil casts a shadow. That shadow spreads outward for years, even decades, after a crime. It consumes everyone in its path, pulling them into darkness. EVIL LIVES HERE: SHADOWS OF DEATH explores the endless reach of evil – a reach that extends long after the crime itself. This original series highlights the struggle to survive as innocent people find themselves caught in the wake of death and evil.
· The Lake House Begins Streaming on Sunday, May 2 In 1980, in Radford, Virginia, college freshman Gina Hall goes out dancing and never returns. Police follow her trail to a mysterious lake house, but where she goes from there is a mystery that has endured for 40 years.
· Mother-To-Be Begins Streaming on Sunday, May 9 In 2003 in Burlington, North Carolina, pregnant April Greer vanishes. Her boyfriend says she left him, and her family is worried sick. No one knows that the unbearable truth about what really happened to April is the stuff of nightmares.
CONCURRENT discovery+ AND ID PREMIERES
PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Mondays and Premiere on ID on Mondays at 10/9c
Ripped from the pages of one of the nation’s top weekly magazines, PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES goes beyond the headlines to uncover the heart-wrenching stories of lives and families ripped apart. The series takes viewers to the epicenter of America’s most compelling crimes, as PEOPLE’s renowned journalists divulge the shocking twists and surprising facts they learned while doggedly investigating each case.
· The Hollywood Ripper Begins Streaming on Monday, April 26, Premiere on ID at 10/9c When Ashley Ellerin is found murdered in her Hollywood bungalow, police zero in on the Hollywood heartthrob she was supposed to have a date with the night she was killed. The case takes a shocking turn as detectives realize Ashley is not the only victim, and discover they are on the hunt for a serial killer. The assailant’s victim count grows until one woman manages to fight back so fiercely that he leaves behind critical blood evidence. But will they be able to finally catch him?
· Little Girl Gone Begins Streaming on Monday, May 3, Premiere on ID at 10/9c In the summer of 2003, the Iron Range of northern Minnesota is a peaceful community where parents let their kids play outside on their own without a second thought. But when five-year-old LeeAnna Warner vanishes without a trace, investigators do a deep dive into the quaint community and realize that some of the familiar faces in the neighborhood may be hiding some disturbing secrets that may never fully be uncovered.
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Sundays and Premiere on ID Sundays at 10/9c
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN takes viewers on an exciting journey inside the most fascinating crime and mystery investigations. First-person accounts, along with insight from experts are featured as each case reaches its dramatic conclusion.
· Follow That Car Begins Streaming on Sunday, May 2, and will Premiere on ID May 9 at 10/9c When a loving father is found murdered execution-style in his own home, investigators must follow the trail of his missing car to find his cold-blooded killer.
· Cali-Doe Begins Streaming on Sunday, May 9, and will Premiere on ID May 16 at 10/9c When a young girl is found murdered in Caledonia NY, police struggle to identify her. The tragedy leads the town to make her one of their own, with the name Cali-Doe.
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY PREMIERES
The programs below will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
WEB OF LIES
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 9/8c
We’re increasingly living our lives online, unaware of the risks that can lie ahead. Looking for friendships, love, sex or business opportunities has led many into a twilight world of seduction, danger, and false identity. What unites these shocking tales of true crime is their unpredictability. You never know where the WEB OF LIES will lead.
· I See You Premieres Monday, April 26 at 9/8c
· Virtual Hitchhiking Premieres Monday, May 3 at 9/8c
New Episodes Premiere Tuesdays at 9/8c
With more than two decades of experience in the judicial system, no one knows the delicate dance between arrest and conviction better than former Brooklyn homicide prosecutor Anna-Sigga Nicolazzi. In TRUE CONVICTION, she travels across the country to reveal how the nation’s top prosecutors tackled their toughest cases. Reviewing the crime with the detectives who were on the scene and connecting with those who were left behind, Nicolazzi reveals how homicides are solved on the street but won in the courtroom.
· A True Psychopath Premieres Tuesday, April 27 at 9/8c
· Justice Under Attack Premieres Tuesday, May 4 at 9/8c
STILL A MYSTERY
New Episodes Premiere Tuesdays at 10/9c
Just because a case is closed doesn’t mean the truth has been revealed. Suicide or murder? Runaway or kidnapping? Accidental or premeditated? STILL A MYSTERY re-examines cases where unanswered questions remain. Through original interviews with law enforcement, family members and private investigators, news footage and social media, STILL A MYSTERY dissects the evidence and presents new theories in a quest to uncover the truth.
· Best Lives Cut Short Premieres Tuesday, April 27 at 10/9c
MURDER IN THE HEARTLAND
Season Three Premieres Resume Tuesday, May 4 at 10/9c
In MURDER IN THE HEARTLAND, it takes a village of vigilant neighbors, family members, shopkeepers and local police to piece together the stories of tragedy and justice committed within a community’s core walls. MURDER IN THE HEARTLAND relies on the collective viewpoints of everyday American townsfolk to share critical clues in the homicides that forever changed their lives and how they understand their home.
· Farming for a Motive Premieres Tuesday, May 4 at 10/9c
THE MURDER TAPES
Season Four Premieres Wednesday, May 5 at 9/8c
Homicide investigations unfold through dramatic real footage in this groundbreaking series. Each episode of THE MURDER TAPES provides an up-close perspective of the case, incorporating body cam footage from the initial crime scene, surveillance video, and interrogation room recordings.
· The Girl in the Park Premieres Wednesday, May 5 at 9/8c
SEE NO EVIL
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 10/9c
SEE NO EVIL reveals how the deadliest crimes are solved by the only witnesses that never lie and never forget: surveillance cameras. With more shocking CCTV footage than ever before, SEE NO EVIL proves there’s nowhere killers can hide.
· Come Quickly, I’m Afraid Premieres Wednesday, April 28 at 10/9c
· Meet Me at Midnight Premieres Wednesday, May 5 at 10/9c
A TIME TO KILL
New Episodes Premiere Thursdays at 9/8c
The key to solving the toughest homicides lies somewhere in the final hours of a victim’s life. In A TIME TO KILL, determined investigators must piece together events during this critical window to reconstruct the timeline, unlock the motive, and ultimately close in on the killer.
· Killer on the Roof Premieres Thursday, April 29 at 9/8c
· There Will be Blood Premieres Thursday, May 6 at 9/8c
FEAR THY NEIGHBOR
New Episodes Premiere Thursdays at 10/9c
Do you really know who lives next door? FEAR THY NEIGHBOR tells the chilling tales of those with the misfortune to unwittingly take up residence within a stone’s throw of a psycho – or even a killer.
· Bloodland Premieres Thursday, April 29 at 10/9c
· The Enemy Upstairs Premieres Thursday, May 6 at 10/9c
EVIL LIVES HERE
New Episodes Premiere Sundays at 9/8c
EVIL LIVES HERE explores the true, heart-stopping stories of people who shared a home and a life with a loved one who would become a killer. With exclusive interviews and never-before-told accounts of the years and critical moments leading up to these vicious acts, the series showcases the devastating and often undiscussed consequences on the people who have nurtured, loved and raised a murderer.
· The Box On Her Doorstep Premieres Sunday, May 2 at 9/8c
· He Lived A Double Life Premieres Sunday, May 9 at 9/8c