This one-hour special takes viewers deep inside the secret life of Cosby and his family, shining a light on the drama and dysfunction behind this seemingly perfect household.
For more than five decades Bill Cosby warmed the hearts of fans nationwide through his comedy shows, his enduring hit television series “The Cosby Show” and his notable charitable works. But is it possible there was something more sinister lurking behind his wit, charm, and generosity? In one of the most stunning recent reversals in public life, more than 50 women have come forward in recent years with allegations that Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted them. Now, on the eve of his explosive criminal trial for the alleged 2004 assault of Andrea Constand, Investigation Discovery (ID) in partnership with American Media Inc, (AMI), Weinstein Television, and Jupiter Entertainment, presents BILL COSBY: AN AMERICAN SCANDAL. This one-hour special takes viewers deep inside the secret life of Cosby and his family, shining a light on the drama and dysfunction behind this seemingly perfect household. BILL COSBY: AN AMERICAN SCANDAL premieres worldwide Monday, June 5 at 9/8c, only on Investigation Discovery.
Bill Cosby: An American Scandal features all-new and exclusive interviews with those closest to the Cosby family, as well as alleged victims who have come forth in recent years. Among those accusers is actress and artist Lili Bernard, who accused Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting her while preparing for a guest role on The Cosby Show in the 1990s.
Other notable interviews featured in Bill Cosby: An American Scandal include:
· Shawn Brown, former girlfriend of Bill Cosby
· Gloria Allred, attorney currently representing 33 Cosby accusers
· Chuck Vinson, director, The Cosby Show
· Ronald L. Smith, Cosby biographer
· Manuel Roig-Franzia, reporter, The Washington Post
· Beth Karas, legal analyst
· Dr. Judy Kuriansky, clinical psychologist
· Mark Ebner, investigative journalist
· Dylan Howard, editor-in-chief, National Enquirer
· Jarrett Ferentino, attorney